imbroglio (im • brōl´• yō)
n. a chaotic tangle [‹Ital.›]
About the Art and Artist
Kimka Jones is a second-generation working artist. Both of her parents have made their living solely through their art, exhibiting stained glass designs at national art shows and renaissance festivals, from the time Kimka was 8 years old.
From this inspiration and upbringing, Kimka has created her own form of glass art. By cutting, layering, and fusing pieces of stained glass together, she forms the basis for a wide range of completely unique handmade works. After the fused pieces have cooled, she assembles them using copper-foiling and soldering methods. By virtue of the process alone, each individual fused piece is a one-of-a-kind, unique work of art.
- 2nd Place, Glass Category – Stone Arch Festival, 2008
- Merit Award - Leesburg Fine Arts Festival, 2005
- Best New Artist - Minnesota Renaissance Festival, 2003
- Magazine Cover Feature - Sunshine Artist, 2002
- Best Presentation - Colorado Renaissance Festival, 2001